Small businesses are the driving force of our economy and a large source of organic, sustainable growth in our communities. They make up nearly 98% of all businesses in the U.S. and account for 63% of net new jobs. It is small businesses that provide our communities with good paying jobs and stable economic development. We must make it easier to start and succeed in business.
NYS must support small businesses—especially in upstate New York:
- Support and incentivize localized procurement and “shop local” initiatives.
- Reduce the tax burden on small businesses.
- Streamline regulatory process and intra-government agency communication.
- Create small business roundtables throughout the district to facilitate communication on initiatives to help our businesses.
- Support innovative and effective work force development programs.
- Support innovative and effective entrepreneurial programs.